Connection to the medium-voltage grid
If you are looking to connect a private transfer station to the medium-voltage grid in Berlin on behalf of your company or large commercial enterprise, or are planning to make alterations to an existing transfer station, then you have come to the right place to find the information you need.
You require a high connected capacity for your business or trade. Whether you are looking to construct a private transfer station with a connection to our medium-voltage grid out of necessity or because it would be useful, we would be happy to coordinate with you.
Making alterations to a connection
You already operate a transfer station and would like to make alterations to your private plant (e.g. an extension) or you need to adapt your connected capacity.
Removing a connection
You want to put your transfer station out of operation and have the connection removed. We will issue you with a quote for disconnecting the connection from our grid.
Information and documents
Submit a connection request
Before we can consider a transfer station connection request, we require the following information:
- expected power requirements* (net output),
- a scaled site plan that includes the local position of the property to be connected: If you already have a suggested location for your transfer station, include this on the site plan along with the desired cable route through the property or building.
For your request please use the following forms:
E.1 – Application
E.2 – Data sheet for assessment of system perturbations
Please send your request by post:
Stromnetz Berlin GmbH
Netzvertrieb – Netzanschluss
or by email to email@example.com.
Once the boundary conditions (including power requirements, location of the planned customer-owned transfer station and the cable route through the customer property) have been clarified, we will provide you with an individual quote for establishing a connection between your transfer station and our medium-voltage grid.
The quote also sets out the connection costs for the connection to our medium-voltage grid and a contribution to building costs.
The contribution to building costs is in line with the recommendations made by the Federal Network Agency. To establish this fee, the published unit price of the access grid level in force when the contract was concluded or adapted is multiplied by the contractually agreed provision of power:
Contribution to building costs = Annual unit price (≥ 2,500 h/a) of the grid level x appointed power (kVA)
- Federal Network Agency position paper on charging contributions to building costs for grid connections in the area of grid levels above low-voltage (BK 6p-06-003 dated 05/01/2009) (PDF 44 kB)
- Price sheets of grid usage fees
Note: Some connection versions and additional actions may entail extra costs which you must bear in addition to the costs of a regular connection.
Price sheet reactive energy
When withdrawal electrical energy, a displacement factor (cos Phi) between 0.9 inductive and 1 must always be observed. If this is not the case, no reactive work is calculated according to the following price sheets.
Basic legal regulations
The establishment or extension of grid connections in the medium-voltage and high-voltage grids is carried out in accordance with Section 17 of the EnWG in conjunction with our "General specifications and technical requirements for grid connections and connection usage in the medium-voltage and high-voltage grids."
Along with the quote for your connection to the medium-voltage grid, you will also receive one of the following versions of the grid connection contract:
1. If you use the connection yourself, you will receive a contract which regulates both the grid connection and connection usage
2. If your connection is used by a third-party, you, the power recipient,
- will receive a grid connection contract
sample copy of grid connection contract (PDF 67 kB)
- and the connection user will receive a connection usage contract
sample copy of connection usage contract (PDF 61 kB)
The contract also contains the following attachments:
- General specifications and technical requirements for grid connections and connection usage in the medium-voltage and high-voltage grids (PDF 147 kB)
- Property boundary (only applies to the grid connection contract and the combined grid connection/connection usage contract): Property boundary cable termination (PDF 58 kB)
Historically, in the case of existing connections, the following property boundaries are also conditionally available:
Note: Further explanations regarding terms such as power recipient, connection user, grid connection contract and connection usage contract can be found in our glossary.
The technical requirements are to be taken into account when planning, constructing, connecting and operating customer systems connected to the medium-voltage grid.
- Appendix 1 - Rated value (PDF 76 kB)
- Appendix 2 - Connection principles (PDF 58 kB)
- Appendix 3 - Prevention measuring terminal strip (PDF 28 kB)
- Appendix 4 - Measuring transformer (PDF 410 kB)
- Appendix 5 - TAR 4110 Forms (PDF 2 MB)
- TB3304 - Cable conduit ditches customer property (PDF 374 kB)
- TB3310 - Air-insulated medium voltage switchgear customer grid station (PDF 200 kB)
- TB3311 - Gas-, air-, solid-insulated medium voltage facilities in walkable and compact grid stations (PDF 253 kB)
- TB3340 - Remote control of network and customer stations in the medium voltage grid (PDF 866 kB)
- TB3351 - Assembly compact grid stations (PDF 308 kB)
- TB3364 - False floor grid and customer grid stations (PDF 140 kB)
- VN37 - Electrical grounding (PDF 523 kB)
- Technical requirements measuring device (PDF 243 kB)
- Picture 1.1 (PDF 224 kB)
- Picture 1.2 (PDF 295 kB)
- Picture 1.3 (PDF 224 kB)
- Picture 1.4 (PDF 278 kB)
- Picture 1.5 (PDF 242 kB)
- Picture 1.6 (PDF 280 kB)
- Picture 1.7 (PDF 257 kB)
- Picture 1.8 (PDF 288 kB)
- Picture 1.9 (PDF 284 kB)
- Picture 1.10 (PDF 311 kB)
- Picture 1.11 (PDF 268 kB)
- 2-4-1726-6 Bl.2 - Operating diagram DSZW4 divers electric equipments (PDF 302 kB)
- 2-4-1727-6 Bl.2 - Operating diagram DSZW4 one electric equipment (PDF 342 kB)
- 2-4-1733-14 - Measuing device with voltage protection (PDF 70 kB)
- 3-4-1720-14 Bl.2 - Measuring device with chute protection (PDF 49 kB)
- 3-4-1720-14 Bl.4 - Measuring device without chute protection (PDF 49 kB)
- 3-4-1726-9 Bl.3 - Terminal strip DSZW4 divers electric equipments (PDF 459 kB)
- 3-4-1727-9 Bl.3 - Terminal strip DSZW one electric equipment (PDF 470 kB)
- 3-4-1799-6 Bl.2 - Measuring device closed ring (PDF 50 kB)
You will find further Information at installer documentation by "Medium voltage grid connection documentation"
Manufacturers of medium-voltage switch gears that are permitted to be installed in the distribution grid receive a corresponding certificate of approval from us before they are installed. If equipment from other manufacturers is installed, it must be checked and approved by the Distribution System Operator before use.
Overview of approved equipment:
The following manufacturers currently have permission to install approved switchgears in Berlin's medium-voltage grid:
Carrying out electrical installation work
As a Distribution System Operator, we keep a directory that contains a register of electricians who are permitted to construct, expand, alter or maintain the systems on our distribution grid. When choosing your electrician, please ensure that he or she is registered in our directory and has the necessary credentials.
Connection of a station for providing power to a construction site
The following guidelines apply to temporary connections and to the operation of a customer-owned station for providing power to a construction site with a transformer of up to 630 kVA:
If you require a temporary connected capacity greater than 630 kVA, our technical requirements apply. You will find the documents at 'Technical documents'
The application, planning and commissioning procedures and practices for stations for providing power to a construction site are identical to those that apply to an application for a transfer station connection.
At the moment, the individual connection costs are the only charge that applies to the connection of a station for providing power to a construction site. The connection of a station for providing power to a construction site does not currently require the customer to make a contribution towards building costs.
Connection of standby generators
The following guidelines apply to the connection and operation of standby generators
All downloads are available in German language only.