Light for Your Safety
We ensure your safety in Berlin by operating the public lighting system.
On behalf of the Senate Department for Environment, Traffic and Climate protection we operate the approximately 220,000 public electric and gas-powered street lights in the State of Berlin.
Our BerlinLicht division is responsible for managing these street lights in the Berlin urban area, in urban tunnels and on urban motorways.
This includes planning and coordinating maintenance work, emergency maintenance and fixing damage to state-owned street lights. We are also responsible for switching the lighting units on and off and act as a consultant to the State of Berlin for all economic and technical questions concerning street lighting.
Have you found a faulty street light?
Please let us know by telephone, or report the fault using the map shown below.
To do this, please follow these instructions:
- enter the location of the fault in the search field by typing the street, and house number if possible, and clicking on the search icon
- the selected street will be shown in the map preview
- zoom into the map preview if necessary until the individual street lights appear, shown by green pins
- clicking on a pin marks the street light as faulty, and automatically displays the input form
- here you can give more information on the fault, for example by entering the pole number or a description
- on the following page, you can leave your contact details in case we need any additional information
- clicking on the button "Report fault" sends the fault report to our control centre. Alternatively, you can also contact us by email: