Expansion of the Claszeile substation
We are investing in the future in your district and thus in maintaining and expanding a secure energy grid.
More and more charging stations for electric vehicles, photovoltaic systems on roofs or balconies are shaping Berlin’s urban landscape. And Berlin’s electricity grid will also cover part of the heat supply in the future. To ensure that our power grid is set up to cover all these tasks reliably, we are renewing and expanding the Claszeile substation.
Up-to-date construction information
- In autumn 2023, initial preparations will be made for the construction of the extension to the substation. An access road is built and the construction site is set up.
- Civil engineering work will begin in the 3rd quarter of 2024. This mainly involves excavating the construction pit, including interim storage and removal of the excavated soil. Piles will also be installed to support the foundations of the building.
- The excavation pit will be completed by the end of Q2 2025.
- The extension will be realised from Q2 2025 to Q4 2026.
The electrical systems will be renewed by the end of 2028.
- From the end of 2027 to the end of 2030, further power cables will be laid in the area around Claszeile.
- Work starts on the construction site between 6am and 7am on working days. Working hours end at 6pm at the latest.
- Access to private properties will remain open. However, there will be restrictions on public roads.
- Escape routes will remain open at all times.
Consultant Citizen Dialogue
T 030 49202 0294
(Customer contact, Mo - Fr, 8am - 5pm)