Information on cable information
In accordance with Provision 38 of the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV Provision 38 - formerly BGV C22), before engineering works start, the contractor is to ascertain whether the designated workspace contains any systems that could present a danger to people. Any threat to people's lives and health must be avoided. Stromnetz Berlin GmbH operates overground and underground cable systems for electricity supply. As a general rule, these systems are situated in the public street landscape, and may also cross private property in the Berlin city region.
In order to ensure site clearance, property owners and construction companies must submit cable information requests. Any damage made to systems during engineering works can interrupt the electricity supply and represent a hazard.
As a retail customer, please bear in mind that cables may be located on your property. Your cable information request is very important and helpful for us as well. Gaining knowledge of third-party building projects enables us to influence our own projects and scheduling. In addition, any building work scheduled by you may also necessitate works on our systems.
To speed up cable information, use the InfreSt (Infrastruktur eStrasse GmbH) online platform.
The advantage to you is this: It also gives you information on existing systems from other participating cable carriers. Please note that you must register before you can use the free of cost infreSt online platform.
- Guidelines for the protection of 1-110 kV cable systems (PDF 68 kB)
- Guidelines for the protection of 1 kV transmission line systems (PDF 62 kB)
- Guidelines for the protection of 110 kV transmission line systems (PDF 64 kB)
- General information on cable information requests (PDF 57 kB)
- Accident prevention regulations for construction work (DGUV Provision 38, formerly BGV C22 (PDF 478 kB)
All downloads are available in German language only.