Construction/replacement of the Wuhletal substation
We are investing in the future and in maintaining a secure energy grid in your neighbourhood.
Following preparatory work in 2016 and 2017, construction of the new Wuhletal substation commenced in December 2017. The new building will replace the current substation at the previous location on Münsterberger Weg.
Following its completion in spring 2022, the new transformer station will supply over 3,300 business customers and almost 65,000 households in the Berlin districts of Marzahn and Hellersdorf with power.
Update on construction work
- Preparations for the construction of the new substation commenced in 2017, with the access roads and construction site being set up.
- Excavation work started in December 2017. This primarily involves excavating the pit, including interim storage and removal of the excavated soil, and placing piles to bear the weight of the building's foundations.
- We estimate that the excavation work will be completed by March 2018 (depending on weather conditions).
- Work at the construction site starts at 7 am, and the working day ends at 6 pm at the latest.
- No construction work will take place at Weekends.
- The work is being carried out with particularly low-noise devices and power units (with Blue Angel certification for products which minimise environmental damage).
You can find more information on this project in our brochure, which is available to download below.
For questions or feedback on this construction project, please contact our employee Gabriele Damm.
This movie is available in German language only.
All downloads are available in German language only.