Connection for generating units and storages
Our power distribution grid is ready for the connection of your generation system or your power storage. The installer of the system will clarify the requirements and wishes with you and send them to us.
Voltage levels for feeding in
The choice of voltage levels for feeds depends on the following factors:
- Your planned feed-in activity
- The circumstances of our distribution grid at the feed-in location.
We examine the possibility of using your existing connection or the need for a new connection. Generally, private customers feed energy into the low voltage grid (0.4 kV) and business customers feed into the medium (10 kV) or high voltage (110 kV) grids.
Simplification of the connection of generation plants in customer plants to the 10 kV medium-voltage grid
valid from 22.09.2023
Based on new findings from a scientific study, we are simplifying the connection conditions for generation plants in customer installations on the 10 kV medium-voltage grid.
When connecting PV systems, the installation of voltage protection (U0t protection) can be dispensed with, provided that only non-grid-forming converters are installed in the customer system, which are operated with an active islanding detection method in accordance with VDE AR-N 4105.
U0t protection is still required if a PV system feeds into the customer's system via a grid-forming converter or if the generation system is a synchronous generator.
The "Technical requirements for connection to the medium-voltage grid" will be adapted accordingly and are expected to be published at the end of 2023.
Visiting the feed-in point
An inspection of the system may be necessary before the commissioning of your generation system or your electricity storage system and the feeding of energy into our distribution grid. If an inspection is necessary, we will inform you and your installer in good time.
Documents for registration
Requirements grid security management
- Information leaflet on registering a generation plant
- Information leaflet with notes on key-operated switches to ensure industrial safety
- TAR medium voltage – Forms (VDE)
- Notice "Connection and operation of storage systems at the low voltage grid" (FNN)
- FNN note requirements for symmetrical connection and operation according to VDE-AR-N 4100
- Checklists of required documents for the connection of generation plant, emergency power systems and storages
- Survey measure concepts