Expansion of the Richardstrasse substation
We are investing in the future of your neighbourhood – and in the maintenance and expansion of a reliable electrical grid.
The Berlin cityscape is marked by an ever-greater number of electric vehicle charging stations and roof-mounted and balcony-mounted solar panels. In the future, Berlin's electrical grid will also be responsible, in part, for heating. So the grid can be made ready for all these new tasks, we are going to renovate and expand the Richardstraße substation.
But with all the new things going on, we will not lose sight of what we have. We are expanding the substation with respect for the architecture of the locality. The new buildings will fit the style of the existing farmhouses, being designed to look like a barn.
The design has been approved by the local historical building preservation authorities.
Tree felling will be necessary on the building site as a preparatory construction measure. The Neukölln Roads and Green Spaces Department has issued a special licence for the tree felling. Compensation and replacement measures in the form of compensation payments will be carried out.
Information on the planned construction works
- Tree felling between 21 and 28 February 2024.
- Between the 2nd quarter of 2024 and autumn 2025, ducts will be laid and earthworks carried out in various places. The earthworks will be needed to lay electrical cables later and as connection points.
- From the 2th quarter of 2025, old cables will be replaced with new.
- At the start of 2026, work on the substructure and the substation extension will begin. The new building should be finished by the end of 2027.
- From the start of 2028 and up to the 3rd quarter of 2029, the new electrical plants will be delivered and installed.
- In the 4th quarter of 2029 and throughout 2030, new cables will be laid. The grid will thus be expanded.
- Works will start each day on site between 6 and 7am. They will end at the latest by 6pm.
- Access to private properties will be ensured, but there will be restrictions to the public thoroughfare.
- Emergency escape routes will still be usable.
- No power interruptions are planned.
Consultant Citizen Dialogue
T 030 49202 0294
(Customer contact, Mo - Fr, 8am - 5pm)